In spite of advances in technology crafted to assist seniors age gracefully, and peacefully, many are not aware of the dangers they face in their daily struggles. While alert systems exist that protect them against thugs and burglars, other more serious hazards such as vision impairment, mobility limitations, and hearing can be quite a challenge, to mention but a few. Even an unexpected accident could be on the cards and the sad thing is that for some unknown reason old age compounds the chance for some unfortunate event taking place.
Emergency alert devices can assist seniors to remain fairly independent in their homes. The devices are connected to nearby medical facilities and in the event of an accident, and at the press of a button, help arrives quickly. Opening the wallet-opening the wallet to purchase a movie about how life alert systems save lives is no doubt a good idea. After all, the life of your beloved seniors depends on it Patients and seniors with different lifestyles and living in diverse environments need to watch a movie once in a while that has been created with their welfare in mind, after all, what is it worth having this home security heroes device?
For beginners, here is a list of movies about how life alert systems save lives:
1. Movies related to heart disease heart disease is one of the commonest problems facing seniors. Research indicates that more than 40 million American adults over 70 years suffer from heart disease. Managing this is not easy, but watching a movie with content related to the disease, especially heart attack signs can alleviate the suffering.
2. Seniors fallingSeniors fall all the time Many hip fractures that affect them occur due to a fall. Watching a movie that features alert systems against falling will significantly cut down their chances of falling.
3. Blindness you are a senior experiencing vision loss, chances are you also have a concurrent health issue or other disability. In fact, two seniors out of five have to contend with a different serious ailment, mostly hearing loss, high blood pressure or arthritis. Such issues can quickly compound vision loss and cause blindness. But seniors need not give in to frustration. See this helpful information about alert systems:
4. Fire hazard It is unclear whether the °ultimate firefighting movie’ has been made yet. But judging by the number of seniors evacuated from the ongoing fires in California, Hollywood’s plans on firefighters lives demonstrates a different picture than what the seniors faced as they were evacuated from their homes.
5. Gun and alcohol abuseSuicide rates among seniors who abuse guns and alcohol have been on the rise. Alcohol is known to impair judgment in seniors, leading to impulsiveness, depression and ultimately suicide. Exposing seniors to movies about how life alert systems save lives is a good idea.
Seniors with alcohol depression or addicted to alcohol should be screened for other mental symptoms and chances of committing suicide. Movies for suicide prevention should take into account drinking patterns and should reinforce patterns that promote good behavior as one grows old.